Ona Mission Multisport Adventure 2019
ONA MISSION EVENT DETAILS, 1st September 2019
Welcome to Ona Mission Multisport Adventure 2019. A fun adventure weekend event set in the most sensational locations of Mission Beach and Dunk Island.
Registrations close on Thursday 29th August 2019.
EARLY BIRD PRIZE
Register and pay by 20th August 2019 and go in the draw to win.
OAM Snapshot 2019
|Dates & Times:||
Sunday, 01st September 2019
Presentations 1:00pm (subject to change)
Start & transition: Mission Beach Outriggers & Canoe Club Casuarina Park, Kennedy Esplanade, South Mission Beach
Finish:Castaways Resort & Spa, Mission Beach
23km mountain bike, 4km paddle, 6km trail run, 4km paddle, 7km beach run
INDIVIDUAL: Male, Female
Age groups: Open (16 – 44yrs), Masters (45yrs plus)
TEAMS – min.3 / max.4 people: Male, Female, Mixed
|Briefing & Registration||
Saturday, 31st August 2019, 4:30pm-6:30pm. Compulsory for participants.
Mission Beach Resort, Lot 4 Wongaling Beach Road, Wongaling Beach
Course map and registration www.onamissionevent.com.au
Cassowary Coast Multisport Club
Ph: 0409 040 667 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we do not anticipate any great changes to the following details, do note that the event course and start time can be changed at any time by the event organiser’s. Final confirmation of the course and start times is made at the compulsory briefing on Saturday 31st August 2019.
Entry Fee 2019: Ona Mission entry fees are as follows:
Individuals (per person): $250.00 CCMC members $110.00
Teams (per team, 4 max): $400.00 CCMC members $250.00
(Minimum age of 16 years old for all categories)
All competitors receive a Ona Mission event shirt and lunch on event day.
Register Now: On-line registrations are open, use the Registration link accessible from our web page to enter www.onamissionevent.com.au
Event Terms & Conditions and Mandatory Equipment:
All entrants must read the event Terms & Conditions. Read this and see the Mandatory Equipment list via event website www.onamissionevent.com.au
Registrations close on 29th August 2019.
EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAW – register and pay by 20nd August 2019 and go in the draw to win a ALH Mission Beach Resort Prize Voucher. (To win the participant must be present at the draw made at the event briefing to claim the prize or it will be re-drawn). Prize is thanks to;
Mandatory Equipment you must provide:
- S1: Mountain bike & bike helmet (Australian standards approved cycling helmet).
- S2 & S4: Suitable watercraft and paddle (surf skis, kayaks, canoes, SUP’s, outrigger canoes).
- S2 & S4: PFD is required. A Type 1 or Type 2 PFD (NO inflatable PFDs). A PFD must be worn by all paddlers. There will be a pre-race inspection.
- S2 & S4: Dry bag needed to takes running shoes for S3 Dunk Island run, and on return for S5 beach run.
- S3 & S5: Running shoes. (S3 is beach and trail run. S5 is a beach run.)
ALL stages: water & nutrition (you must be self-sufficient on all legs)
ALL stages: you must wear your Race number / ID and or bib.
What we supply
- Race number (or bib).
- Lunch is available at the event base (Included for participants. Supporters can purchase)
- Water at transition points (i.e. the beach transition area & Dunk Island spit)
- Event T-shirt (one per participant). Merchandise will be available for purchase
- This event involves an ocean paddle to Dunk Island. We recommend you paddle the course at least once before the event, preferably with other experienced paddlers.
- SUP’s (stand up paddle boards) are able to participate as a watercraft.
- Teams are min.3 or max.4 persons.
- Each team only has one person on the course at a time.
- Teams tag / hand-over at the end of each stage at designated areas near transitions
- IMPORTANT: teams will need two different runners as the S3 island runner will NOT be able to do the S5 beach run.
- Dunk Island runners: event transport is organised to get team runners to and from Dunk Island (this transport for team runners is included in the registration fee).
Accommodation & things to do at Mission Beach:
- Book early for the Ona Mission weekend in Mission Beach. We appreciate if you can support event sponsors including our major sponsor Mission Beach Resort.
- Mission Beach Resort; our major sponsor has a deal for you! Ask for the Ona Mission promo-code. Ph; 4088 8288 or go to missionbeachresort.com.au, E: email@example.com
- Mission Beach Visitor Information Centre: Ph; 4068 7099 or visit at missionbeachtourism.com for accommodation and ideas on things to see and do
- Tropical Coast Tourism: visit at tropicalcoasttourism.com.au to explore the region around Mission Beach.
Saturday, 31st August 2019
Briefing & Registration: Compulsory for participants to register and attend briefing.
- Venue: Mission Beach Resort, Lot4 Wongaling Beach Road, Wongaling Beach
4:30pm: Registration opens, collect shirts and numbers etc.
4:30pm: Volunteers briefing.
5:30-6:30pm: Race briefing (attendance mandatory).
6:30pm: Event registrations close
(Note; meals available at the Mission Beach Resort restaurant, make sure you book.)
Sunday, 01st September 2019
Venue: Mission Beach Outriggers ‘Vaka Hut’, Kennedy Esplanade, South Mission Beach
6:15am- 6:45am: Check-in at Event HQ (compulsory for S1 participants)
7:00am: Start – S1 mountain bike (on the beach in front of Outriggers Club transition area)
7:30am: Team runners will be transported to Dunk Island. (and Volunteers)
1:00pm Presentations; at event base, Mission Beach Outriggers & Canoe Club, South Mission Beach. Times may change to allow late finishers to finish.
Make a Team:
- Looking for teammates? Use our Facebook page to find teammates! If you want to be part of team or you need a paddler, runners, or a rider shout out on this Facebook page.
- Corporate Teams – why not? Enter your workplace team for a corporate challenge with a difference, why not make a weekend of it at Mission Beach
- If you don’t have a kayak/surf ski/ SUP/ outrigger canoe, ask around! It’s amazing how many are out there. There are also hire companies, some listed below.
- Kayaks and canoes can be hired, the closest to Ona Mission are:
- Mission Beach Water Taxi, Wongaling Beach, Ph 07 4068 8310
- Coral Sea Kayaking, South Mission Beach, Ph 07 4068 9154
- There are also options in Cairns and Townsville:
- Adventure Equipment Australia, Cairns, Ph 4031 2669 (adventurequip.com.au)
- Adventurethon, Townsville Ph 0447 496 489
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.adventurethon.com.au)
- Outer Limits, Townsville, Ph 0421 484 211, (Email: email@example.com, outerlimitsadventure.com.au)
- For all and any prize draws competitors and/ or volunteers must be present at the presentation(s) to be eligible for any random draw prizes. If not present then the prize will be randomly re-drawn immediately.
- To keep updated on this event like and follow the club Facebook page, go to the event website onamissionevent.com.au , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ona Mission Multisport Adventure event is run by the Cassowary Coast Multisport Club, a volunteer run not-for-profit organisation. Find more about the club at www.ccmclub.org.au.
Cassowary Coast Multisport Club
Club President: Richard Blanchette
Phone: 0409 040 667
Outriggers Canoe Club
Casuarina Park, Kennedy Esp, South Mission Beach
An on-site Event Headquarters will be set up on the day.
Ona Mission Multisport Adventure event is run by the Cassowary Coast Multisport Club, a volunteer run not-for-profit organisation. Find the club at www.ccmclub.org.au